Book vs. Movie



Talking about book-based movie  is difficult to not talking about the film . Whether it was because of the limited budgets or maybe the director consider a part as unimportant part , there are some movies that made me disappointed.

I am a fan of Harry Potter series. My favorite book of them are the fourth, the fifth and the seventh book. And among of those movies, the fifth movie was the most disappointed movie for me .
For the book itself, the fifth book is the most thick among others (In my country). But the movie is too simple I think. What I regret about the part of the book that it wasn't adopt into the movie was when Harry showed his feelings of sad, anger, and loss of his Godfather, Sirius. And calmly, Prof. Dumbledore explains all the things I (and maybe other readers) always wonder about why He gave Harry to aunty Petunia even when He knows that she never likes Harry.

I'd love to see how Dumbledore explain it to Harry calmly in the middle of Harry's anger towards him. It would be a contradiction situation, isn't it? But, as what we know, we just could imagine it in our own mind 

I always imagine how Prof. Dumbledore finally explained all to Harry, by himself, not just Harry's perceptions or what He heard from other why He was given to Petunia. The reason that maybe really simple, but full of meaning. Love, blood, family. Either Harry likes it or not, those three things are connect him with his aunt and.. His mom.

I hope every director really pay attention to which part of the book should be adapted to a movie. Or maybe they could survey from the reader first.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.